Creepy Collage

  I wanted to make a creepy collage including pictures of Shira when she was a baby, child, etc. Pans of this collage will be used in cross cuts between the happy jogging of Shira and the creepy pictures. This sort of parallel editing gives the viewers hints to what happened to the girl in the movie.

  I asked my partner for some of her old albums and took pictures of the pictures on the album. After I did that, I downloaded an app that allowed me to edit the pictures so that they looked older. After that I printed them out, crumpled some, tore some, even spilled some water on a few to go for a messy look. I wanted this collage to look like something the mystery man in my movie was making, so I looked up an actual map of a serial killer and I replicated it myself. I also looked up a map for a suburb called "Lemon Grove" in San Diego to put alongside the pictures. I wanted this creepy collage to give the impression that this man has been stalking her and planning his attack....BUT this collage includes the pictures of her hands and feet already tied up so the shots of the collage make the viewer infer that these shots of the collage are in the  future, he has already killed her, and he is only just adding to his sick shrine.

 These pictures show the before and after. Before is the       picture I took and after is when I applied the effects in my app.


Here is Shira rubbing dirt on her feet before we shot the pictures. We felt like this would make the pictures creepier and more realistic. We avoided including fake blood because I didn't want the pictures to be so aggressive, AND lets be honest fake blood never looks like real blood.. and looks super cheesy! No thanks!
 Voila! My super creepy collage is finished! 










Comments

Popular Posts