Where

I was thinking about where I wanted my opening to take place exactly. I had remembered that my partner, Shira, lives in a neighborhood where many houses looked as if they were older. One house in particular, a big white house, looked like something out of the 70's. I wanted someplace suburban, a small town but still relevant. I'm thinking about making the movie take place in a suburb in San Diego, California. Something about the location seems perfect. Also I live in Florida.. palm trees are inevitable... I have the slim pickings of two states, Florida or California. Im also thinking about trying to re create Mindhunter's establishing shots that present the location in big bold text across the screen. 

Something about these shots made me feel something when I was watching the show. Uncomfortable maybe? Aggressive? They looked very 70's-80's anyways and I think it would be a great addition to the film opening. A murder in a suburban town, taking place in the 70's, just seemed like the perfect blend for what I wanted.

Comments

Popular Posts