70's Color Palette

What I usually notice about modern movies set in the 70's is their use of color grading. Movies like American Hustle, The Lovely Bones, and especially Moonrise Kingdom, go by a specific color palette. Because my goal is to create a 70's feel, without sacrificing the quality and resolution of my video, color correction and color grading is my best bet on taking my movie back in time. I noticed that many of the movie's colors are saturated and warm-toned, and seem the most dominant in each shot. These movies include a lot of 70's retro colors like soft browns, yellows, light blues, etc.
   Moonrise Kingdom
 My Friend Dahmer


 American Hustle
The Lovely Bones

Im learning a lot of new things with my film journey. One of those being how colors can affect your film and your audience. Anderson is a talented individual in that he can manipulate sound and image to transport an audience to other continuums", was said about Wes Anderson, Director of Moonrise Kingdom. I believe the right color scheme will take my project to the next level.
http://www.elon.edu/docs/e-web/academics/communications/research/vol6no2/04_Vaughn_Vreeland.pdf


Comments

Popular Posts